There have been several new starters at the Zooniverse in the past few months. Myself and Stuart were remarking the other day that we have still not met the Zooites in person. Although we have come to know several of you via email, we thought it was time to rectify the situation.
We have organised a Zooniverse meetup, two weeks today, on Friday August 20th. We’re meeting at 5pm at a pub in Oxford called ‘Far From the Madding Crowd‘. There is already a forum thread on the topic, started by Alice.
We’d like to invite everyone to come along and join us! Most of the Oxford team will be there as well as members of the Chicago team, who are visiting Zooniverse HQ that week. We’ll give a short talk about the state of the Zooniverse and after that we’ll generally just be mingling, chatting and getting to know you all.
We hope that many of you can make it. The location is near to both the train and bus stations, as well as to several B&Bs. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here in the comments or on the forum thread.
We hope to see you in a couple of weeks.
- Detecting the right number of animals bit.ly/167a5Rv from the @snapserengeti blog 1 day ago
- Tending Our Notes from Nature Garden bit.ly/13IV4lp from the @nfromn blog 2 days ago
- Over on the left bit.ly/12IZx6g from the @oldweather blog 2 days ago
- Profile of Notes from Nature Citizen Scientist: “jaymoore” ... 3 days ago
- Live Chat Today bit.ly/Z7FiAV from the @planethunters blog 3 days ago